Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge


The highly talented - and massively pregnant! - Sam Poole drew my attention to a design team call for Creative Expressions thats taking place until July 12th. The requirements to take part are all on their blog and in addition to the normal rules there is also a challenge with the theme of...

Calling Card
The only requirements of this challenge are that you create a project that includes rubber stamping of some sort and that an ATC is featured somewhere in the piece. Other than that the challenge is completely open to your interpretation! (NB: You do not have to use Creative Expressions stamps for this challenge).

As soon as I read the title I immediately thought of this beautiful Graphics Fairy image and the 12 days of Christmas song (I was pretty obsessed with this song last Christmas, I guess that never went away!). The card itself was pretty easy to put together, the panel on the left is a scrap of Pink Petticoat paper from last year and the panel on the right is card embossed with a snowflake folder. I added some ribbon from the Fantastic Ribbons special value pack, printed the image out to ATC dimensions with the sentiment added in Photoshop and stuck it down with foam pads. You can probably just make out that I stamped some curlicews and another sentiment and heat embossed them with WOW embossing powder in white pearl. All in all, its pretty damn close to how I imagined it and I'm really quite pleased!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, how lovely to hear from you again after the Midsummer Card Madness! Thank you for your lovely comments :) Hanging your colour coded washing on the clothes horse is def OCD in my opinion, even I don't do that! I lay out my materials like that simply because it save time picking out fabrics, I can't be searching aimlessly for stuff! I love your calling birds card, the colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of ATCs as calling cards. Anyone who wants your address could end up with a miniature work of Art. Love your calling birds!!

    ReplyDelete