Wednesday, February 15, 2012
I have a real thing for grey (is it my age?) and wanted to use some of this grey ribbon up. I stamped the SU Medallion (thanks Loraine!) in Versamark and sprinkled it with silver embossing powder. This powder is Papermania and its really quite a vibrant, molten silver when its used properly so I firstly brushed some of the powder away with my fingers (how come it brushes off so easily when u don’t actually want it to?!) and then after heat embossing I rubbed not-so-gently at the image with sandpaper. Sounds fairly drastic but I was pleased with the result. I embellished it with some ivory lace and the aforementioned grey ribbon. The cage is part of a set of three I’ve had since last summer and it just seemed to fit the style somehow.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Well… it was meant to be a weekend project but it only actually took me, well three & a bit episodes of Smallville actually so how long is that? Two hours? Not made my mind up about Smallville yet but I love that house! Really amazed by how easy it was to do. I was a bit skeptical by the (badly translated) instructions on the packet of Decoptach paper which told me to tear the sheets into little bits but the pattern still really works and you can’t see (unless u look REALLY closely) where I’ve torn it.
I can’t find any before photos but it was originally black metal (a halloween decoration from TK Maxx) and I had tried to colour it with various spray inks and mixes of cosmic shimmer, water and alcohol but it wasn't really successful. Unfortunately this first attempt led to some of the colour transferring to the design but luckily it kind of adds to it.
This was one of those about-to-nod-off ideas, probably inspired by the veritable success Helen over at Fiddle Fart has with Decopatching almost everything in sight so I took myself off to Hobbycraft to find Decopatch was on 3 for 2 – which is the good news… the bad news is I bought three packets of the same design, not knowing how much I would need and this didn’t even take one full packet… Now I just need to decide what to do with the trees…
Sunday, February 12, 2012
The graphic nature of certain flowers really appeals to me and I like the sketch quality that seems to be popping up in quite a few stamp lines just lately so I was pleased to rediscover this hyacinth image on my PC that I’ve obviously put to one side at some point. This banner design is a layout I’m fairly keen on just lately, so get used to it!
The flowers are coloured with Stampin’ Up inks & cut n dry foam and I went over with a white gel pen to lighten the centres.