Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Simply The Best

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best and the easiest to execute. I decided to treat myself to a craft mag over the weekend and from the selection I chose one that had a sample version of Serif Craft Artist on CD as its free gift - only belatedly realising that its actually Crafts Beautiful magazine and not an exclusively card making title, oops - and with it a set of free digi kits. The first one I opened is called Inkblot Butterflies (already a winner just from the title!) and one of the backgrounds was this beautiful creation:


Don't u just love an image that you don't really have to do anything to? I printed it out on some vellum and cut around some of the wings to make them stand up. Mounted onto kraft then a cream card base, I first tried to use foam pads but found them difficult to disguise so I balled up some glue dots and made my own card candy (google it, its so easy!) to finish.

I'd like to enter this for St Lukes Challenge - Come Fly With Me! - but I intend to make more of these so not actually sure what style you guys will receive!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and love how your butterflies come out from the corner of your card...lovely colours too.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rabble of butterflies - great collective noun!! The image is really gorgeous. Printing on vellum gives a lovely softness to the image and I like the way you've cut around the wings. Fab!! Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great submission for our challenge this month - very brave to print and cut out the wings from the vellum - you have more patience than me with a craft knife! Thanks so much for flying with us hope you can join in next month too.
    Best wishes
    Craftilicious
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! I would love to try this technique. i saw your card on St. Luke's challenge and had to get a closer look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! your card is gorgeous. Love those butterflies swarming over the card. Thanks for joining us at St Lukes charity card challenge.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful. Well done finding the free CraftArtist disc in the mag. I've got the full version of the prog and it's awesome - highly recommended. I don't use it as much as I should!

    ReplyDelete