Thursday, April 02, 2015

Home Comforts

IMG_0245 This is a bit of an odd one, I admit…
Much to the disappointment of my customers (i.e. my mom and my work colleagues), I don’t like just sticking “Happy Birthday” on the front of each of my cards. Sometimes (in a totally non-pretentious way) they are a little work of art that needs…something else. I had seen a stencil of the US used on somebody’s blog (if I remember who I will come back add it in) and was gripped with the great idea to make one of the United Kingdom. So I did!

Robo Cop cut it from some stiff paper and then I sponged Distress Inks through it, added a little water for the inks to do their thang and when it was dry, I ran it through my printer (sometimes a perilous idea) to add the Jane Austen quote which seemed so fitting. I find watercolour paper difficult to cut, I never get a clean edge with my trimmer, often it tears, if anyone can give me any advice…?

No comments:

Post a Comment