Monday, May 06, 2013

Fairytale Steps

RapunzelStepper_Front
It all started with this gorgeous card I spotted on Pinterest (right)
I’ve always been more of a papercrafter than anything else and I’m always up for trying out a bit of paper engineering so I was more than game to have another go at a side stepper card.

Lorraine at Cards & Co has a really good tutorial on her blog and she also tells you that these lovely digi stamps come from Pink Cat Studio (Lily & Billy) and I was immensely grateful that as part of the download you get a coloured version – my headache and unimpressive colouring skills were both very pleased!
I was also very pleased to see that she had used the Memory Box landscape dies in her background too - I added a little SU Pear Pizazz ink to the edge of the other layers to help them stand out from the background layer – and I made my bushes with by cutting up a die cut from my new Memory Box Grand Oak die and adding tiny pink flowers (actually punched snowflakes double layered) with a yellow gem attempting to echo the flowers on Rapunzel’s tower.
Here is a side view showing the steps more clearly, I hope you like!
RapunzelStepper_Side

1 comment: