Monday, November 29, 2010

Boys & Girls

Four of my nieces & nephews have just moved into their new house (with my bro & sister-in-law obv) n have finally got their own rooms (the boys in one the girls in another) so I decided a long time ago to make them nameplates for their bedroom doors. The design went through quite an evolution til I saw this frame by Mahlin on the Bubbly Funk blog Vanilla Sugar and knew that was what I wanted to create for the eldest girl Alex. So I bought some plain wooden frames from Ikea and set about trying to emulate it. The other three came from this basic design and the freebie paper from Papercraft Inspirations did the hard work on the boys themes. The sock fairy is from Pollycraft and the lettering was cut out of card by robo-cop n layered on top of each other to mimic chipboard letters - a technique I saw on the Two Peas education section!

Just a note to anybody that regularly reads my blog, the tree was actually cut out by hand, it is a pre-robo cop experiment that I didn't have a home until I worked on these projects

No comments:

Post a Comment