Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Me, Oh My!


I think it safe to say I'm a little bit proud of this, so u might wanna get ur mac ready incase I start to gush!!
Firstly, my inspiration; I saw this card entered for a Simon Says Stamp challenge and thought it was a great shape (great design too, but I'm a sucker for shaped cards!) and really wanted to make one so when I opened the link up again later in the day, what was the first thing that popped into my head? Of course, its never far from my mind! (maybe when the Eclipse hype dies down I can push it to the back of my cavernous mind somewhere?) So, anyway, bit of a leap but here we go: utilising the second friday freebie from the incredibly talented SJ printed on to linen grained card (not for any particular reason) and coloured with Promarkers (tried watered down distress inks first but I need more practice with that!).



I've discovered an uncanny knack for getting to the end of colouring an image and then doin summat to ruin it, but this hasn't turned out too bad! I was trying to go for the less is more approach (very unlike me!). The only thing missing is I need summat to make Bella's bracelet look like the diamond it's meant to be, need to have a root thru my stash. The text - obv- is a quote from Twilight, I think its from the scene in her bedroom after the day at the meadow *sigh* (also the quote I have on my desktop at work!) and I typed it up on my poota using 'Be Safe' font which is meant to be the same font they use in the books when they feature a piece of Edwards writing (put Twilight fonts into google, they're everywhere!) and I made a rub on with my dry rub on paper from Crafty Computer Paper. Works better on a busy-ish background cos you can't see the outline so much. Talking of background paper, its from My Minds Eye Quite Contrary stack (free with Cardmaking & Papercraft). So, yeah, the reason I called this post me, oh my is because unless I get very very bored of looking at I very much intend to keep this for my very own self! Yay! (lots of very's there - emphatic, thats me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment