Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Elegant Grey


WoodenCage

I have a real thing for grey (is it my age?) and wanted to use some of this grey ribbon up. I stamped the SU Medallion (thanks Loraine!) in Versamark and sprinkled it with silver embossing powder. This powder is Papermania and its really quite a vibrant, molten silver when its used properly so I firstly brushed some of the powder away with my fingers (how come it brushes off so easily when u don’t actually want it to?!) and then after heat embossing I rubbed not-so-gently at the image with sandpaper. Sounds fairly drastic but I was pleased with the result. I embellished it with some ivory lace and the aforementioned grey ribbon. The cage is part of a set of three I’ve had since last summer and it just seemed to fit the style somehow.

1 comment:

  1. That's stunning! Love the way you've used the medallion. That bird cage is beautifull, I dont know how you've waited so long to use it.
    http://lorainescardsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete