Thursday, September 08, 2011

Christmas In July

Edited to add: Yes I did make these in July, somehow this post never got uploaded, oops!

I heard a DJ exclaiming over the ridiculousness of shops and restaurants already looking toward Christmas, taking bookings putting out merchandise etc. I was very tempted to text in and explain that in papercrafting circles Christmas in July is pretty much a staple and I’m afraid I’ve kind of jumped on the bandwagon this year as it dawned on me not so long ago that, as December is one of the busiest months in our family for birthdays and how much effort it takes to craft on the dark wintery nights, perhaps some forward planning would be sensible…? Yes you heard it sensible! Who’d’ve thought it? Am I getting old? Mostly I was inspired by this layout which I pinched from Therese Calvird at Lostinpaper:
with-heartfelt-thanks
which just shouted out to be recreated with snowflakes so I made these:
LetItSnowYellow LetItSnowLime
with my new Waltzingmouse stamps. Am I finally succumbing to a stamping addiction cos I really wanna go back and buy some of their frame sets… even tho I don’t own any nesties or even a manual die cutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment