Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inspirational

Last week Pink Petticoat announced a new guest designer, the amazingly talented Lucy Abrams and Liz did advise you to get a cuppa n a comfy chair before you browsed her blog and she was so right! I've spent a good few hours on Lucy's blog and Flickr stream over the last few days and more than a few of her amazing designs have found their way into my inspirations folder. Her style is so bright & fresh and quite often clean and simple which is a style I wish I could adopt successfully! (She does tend to finish a lot of her cards with sewing though and I don't think my moms fragile mental state could cope with me and the sewing machine making friends!)

My best friend is about to give birth to her second child (she already knows its a boy) so in my recently inspired way, I combined the elements from two of Lucy's cards here and here to create this:

N.B. I had no idea 'Twinkle Twinkle' had so many words!

The Kraft 'card base' is printed from Pink Petticoats 'Organics' Kraft pack (I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot of this!) and I created the label shape myself in Robo Master for Robo Cop to cut out. They need a little tweaking as they are not perfectly square but as this seems to be a big shape at the mo, it seems worth the effort.

All in all, I'm mightily pleased with this!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I do like this and I love the shape of it too. You did clean and simple really well there. It was more the "clean" I was impressed with. They're going to LOVE this card.

    Rather you than me with the sewing machine, your Mother would NEVER cope with that!

    ReplyDelete