Thursday, June 24, 2010

Butterflies Flutterby...

Again, with the paper piecing - can you see a theme developing here? I just can't help it as I said in my poppies post, it hides a multitude of sins!

Not sure where I got the butterfly image from, I put a search for colouring pages into google and again I printed it on white card and onto, well by the end four, different sheets of Funky Hand Dreams Come True paper and proceeded to cut each individual section out! The design kind of evolved as it went a long cos originally I was gonna use a proper patchwork effect but as the patterns were just a smidge too big, that wasn't very effective so I ended up completing whole sections in the same pattern! I got the letter stickers from Tesco and the antennae are those things you use in jewellery making whose name escapes me! Just one last thing to find out - is it a big mistake to give this to a two-year old??

p.s I think I'll enter this for the By The Cute & Girly June Challenge as its “something old (I've had the CD for a while), something new (my new technique that I love), something borrowed (I pinched the template for the diamond card from...somewhere...), and something blue..(my fave shade of teal/blue)”

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodpea,
    Beautiful! I love the butterfly and the colours are so stunning! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G and Good Luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful project..and a fantastic take on my theme...Thanks for joining us at BTC&G and good luck!!....Debs x

    ReplyDelete