Thursday, November 15, 2012

Somebody Stop Me!

Does anybody else wonder if this phrase was designed for crafters? I find when  get a design right, I want to do it in every colour, texture, technique I've got...


I created a stencil with Robo Cop and sponge daubed SU ink through to create this pastel tree (trust me its pastel-y in real life). I foam mounted the panel onto
a card base of the same colour and added a little of the lightest pink around the edge.

Then I used the negative of that stencil to create this glitter fest:


I painstakingly picked each butterfly off Robo Cops carrier sheet, carefully placed them down to double sided sticky and then got busy with the glitter!

So then I tried the same design cut from Silhouette double sided sticky that I purchased from the NEC - possibly my new fave product - and I revealed all the butterflies and applied cosmic shimmer powder directly to the adhesive, blending pink and purple together for the butterflies and yellow and orange for the trunk.



Then I pulled the main protective sheet off and applied a new mix of gilding flakes called Gin & Tonic to the rest of the area.

So that was my Saturday! How was urs?

1 comment: