Monday, July 25, 2011

No Shades Of Grey


I consider myself a very literal person, I often take things to heart and I have a very black & white view of the world. So the July challenge from St Lukes shouldn't be a problem for me, right? Well no actually it wasnt! It started off with a desire to recreate a sketch I'd seen on Amy Wanford's blog which was taken from CASE Study .

I had some pearl paper knocking around so I stamped a butterfly and my newest Agapanthus stamp (love, love, love) in Versamark and embossed them with WOW Pearl White powder then spent ages trying to recreate the band on the sketch. I tried black, I tried vellum and I tried with just the ribbon that ended up on the second card but I finally settled on teal We R Memory Keepers paper and tried to match a sentiment stamped from my new set of circle sentiments in Versamark dusted with cosmic shimmer powder which kind of complements the whole shiny vibe of the card but makes it hard to photograph!!
 
Luckily enough it also fits this weeks Play Date Cafe challenge which is one I've never entered before so here's hoping...

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, I love them both. I have that Agapanthus stamp, it`s one of my faves and I never thought to use it like this. I also love the butterflies. It gives your cards a very elegant look. The teal band is the perfect finishing touch. Thank you so much for joining us at St Lukes this month.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your trials were worth it - a pair of stunning cards :=D Thanks so much for joining our colour challenge.
    Tara x
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these cards are just stunning! I do like the very soft embossed butterflies and agapanthus (one of my favourites too). Thanks for playing along with the St Luke's Charity Card Challenge. Do hope you'll join us again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really lovely cards and very stunning. Thank you for joining us for the first time over at St LUkes....hope to see you again next month.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweet little splash of colour! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are lovely cards, so very CAS and delightful! Love that splash of blue color on the first and the beautiful embossing on the second card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete